View Single Post
Old
06-06-2008, 12:46 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
i could not possibly disagree more...now if the asking price gets too high thats different, but ryan malone is EXACTLY the type of player we badly need.

we badly need offense up front...malone is capable of scoring 30 goals/year (plus he's got the speed to play with gomez and the cycle game to play with jagr or drury)

we badly need size on the wings...malone is 6'4 225

we badly need more physical play from our top 3 lines...malone had 138 hits last year and he sticks up for his teammates (9 fighting majors).

and the biggest selling point imo is how versatile he is. he can play all 3 forward positions, he can play on any of the top 3 lines. he is good enough offensively to be on the top scoring line and pp, but also good enough defensively to on a checking line and top pk unit.

as long as the $$ isn't insanely high, he is a PERFECT fit imo
he is completely overrated. he couldn't crack 30 on Pittsburgh who has an insanely good offense and you think he will crack 30 here, on a defensive minded, offensive void which is the NYR. I'm sorry but if you can's score 30 playing w/ Crosby and Malkin than you probably won't hit 30 playing w/ Gomez.

I don't care if he fights or not either... That is what Orr, Hollweg, Byers is for. Not first or second line players. What good is he if he is in the box.

his only asset is his size, which we do need. but we definately don't need him.

he will be vastly overpaid, b/c he is overrrated.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote