View Single Post
Old
06-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
he is completely overrated. he couldn't crack 30 on Pittsburgh who has an insanely good offense and you think he will crack 30 here, on a defensive minded, offensive void which is the NYR. I'm sorry but if you can's score 30 playing w/ Crosby and Malkin than you probably won't hit 30 playing w/ Gomez.

I don't care if he fights or not either... That is what Orr, Hollweg, Byers is for. Not first or second line players. What good is he if he is in the box.

his only asset is his size, which we do need. but we definately don't need him.

he will be vastly overpaid, b/c he is overrrated.
While I do think his offensive abilities are overrated around here, he does indeed possess a lot of the traits we need on our offense.

Is he worth more than 4 mil? Probably not to us, but with a team with cap space to spend? You bet he is.

As for the fighting, it's great to have guys like Orr who can fight. But, it's even better to have a guy that can fight, pk, score goals and throw some hits. Besides, if a guy like Orr is on the bench, he can't jump on the ice if a scrum breaks out. As opposed to a guy like Malone, who is out there to defend his linemates as much as he is to score goals.

Not to mention the guy is tough as nails. Had his nose broken 3 or 4 times in the playoffs and kept skating. Insane.

Hollweg and Orr are one dimensional players. Malone at least brings something extra to the table. However, he'll be far too expensive.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote