View Single Post
Old
05-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Prucha73

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
What's the point of being young if you still have no future? We all clamour for letting the young guys play, but the idea is that they DEVELOP into great players. THEY'RE NOT THERE YET, and they won't get there on their own!

I think that Prucha and Immonen, based on what I've heard and read from people who've seen them play, could well be NHL-ready, but they'll get get demolished if we just throw them in there against Thornton or Tkachuck, Sakic or Koivu.

As for Marek, he may be a top-line guy in the Czech league, but that doesn't prove anything more than the Rangers should give him a look. Remember Jiri Dopita and Pavel Patera? Both were older and more experienced than Marek when they came to the NHL. Dopita played a very "NHL"-style game, while Patera was simply awesome in international competition and in the Czech and Russian leagues. Neither one of them could cut it in the NHL.

People you really amaze me, you think that beyond NHL there is no good hockey leagues your arguements are ridiculous. Nobody is expected to be superstars, but they can be solid players and will play hard, which is more than I can say about many veterans.