View Single Post
Old
05-28-2004, 01:21 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
I don't see the Hawks wanting Khavanov (UFA btw). He isn't a Sutter type D man. As for Belle, I think the Hawks have enough young D men as it is. I am sure that they would like to have an impact Dman (top pairing if possible) that can play now.

Further, Tyler is a Center, and the Blues need Wings. If the Blues bring in a Center (top 2 C) then I would expect that either Weight of Cajanek will be leaving in the deal. No point in having 3 great C, but only 2 wings that are proven.

Personally, I also think the Chicago will need a Center in return because Zhamanov left and now Arnason is looking to leave. They have some good young wingers but would lack pivot men.

Like I said, I would be willing to dump Weight, Cash, 3rd, for Arnason and Nashvilles 2nd in 04 or 05. Chicago gets a great 1st line Center and more experience. St. Louis will still shave payroll w/ eating the $$ and will get younger.

A counter offer from Chicago might be that they keep Arnason and give you a second rounder for Weight and his salary.