06-07-2008, 08:43 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Only partially true.

JayBo has more PP minutes(extra 30) than Burns, but only has 14 PP points (24 ES points) vs. 19 PP for Burns (23 ES points). The Wild also have a slightly worse PP %.

At ES they are a wash - but yes JayBo plays tougher minutes although his +/- is pretty shoddy on a Panthers with similar ES numbers to the Wild.

Ignoring stats, I re-watched a few Panthers games (via Center Ice) and the WHC - is there an injury? His play is pretty lackluster.

I don't see JayBo's upside as I believe he's hit is ceiling - i.e no major points improvement in the last three years. He's very good and will get some significant players or picks in a trade due to the lack of two-way first pairing D-men, but he's not elite IMO.
Is that how players are compared, judged, and ridiculed in this league now, by the stats? Or is that all you have to go by? There is a lot more to Bouwmeester's game to come, and if you would watch him over the years, or even over last season, you would see his game continue to develop. A "few" games doesnt cut it. Bouw hasnt hit his ceiling yet. That will be when he is a multiple Norris trophy finalist. Lots of people want to judge him off of his numbers, but I guarantee you that if he was playing in a "traditional hockey market," I wouldnt have to once again defend someone against stats. I think he is the top young Dman in this league, as Ive seen others think as well, a top 10 Dman overall, and in a trade, his return would be great IMO.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote