View Single Post
Old
06-07-2008, 07:38 PM
GudVibransons

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
We spent 2nd rounders on Shantz, Plante and Auld. The team should take the BPA always.

I disagree about not needing anymore forwards, however this team does need to improve its defence, espcially from a puck moving side of things. Martin is probably taking into account that Matthias, Frolik and Repik are fairly close to becoming contributers.
I think that Martin believes that more offense will come from a better transition game. How many times did this team get hemmed into its own zone and kill any rush? I'm with everybody that we need a good finisher, but helping the transition game would be a big boost to the offense.

I think part of that will come with coaching too. Getting the forwards and defense to come in as a five man unit will improve overall team defense and offense.

Besides, who knows what will happen between now and the start of the season. Who thought Vokoun would become available? Maybe a new opportunity will arise and someone becomes available who isn't right now. I'll prefer to pass judgment after free agency has gone on for a bit. It's too early to go just on speculation.

GudVibransons is offline   Reply With Quote