View Single Post
Old
06-08-2008, 01:25 AM
NYReign

vCash: 500
I wouldn't always rush to think about signing players on the basis of "if they are 3rd/4th liners." We saw this year Renney was very reluctant to reduce Shanny's playing time (he did it twice which only proved to me that it needed to be done but that he was unable to bring himself to do it) so I don't see how we are guaranteeing that it won't just be the same next year.

I'm not sure if Straka has an effect on Jagr's decision but I wouldn't sign him for that reason. I am in favor of bringing Jagr back, but if anything it's a lateral move. So, while I'd be happy to see him back in blue, if the worst that can happen is we begin to move forward (even if there is a dip in productivity) I'm okay with that as well to move onto a new generation of this team. And while I think Jagr can still produce respectably it became clear that Straka hitting the net was a rarity. I will continue to appreciate the admirable work he put in for the team but that is one lateral move I would not make (that said, I'd be happier to bring Straka back than Shanny, he is finished compared to Straka being merely diminshed...)

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote