Thread: Bright Future
View Single Post
Old
06-08-2008, 12:14 PM
SaveByLundqvist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I'm cautiously optimistic on Byers. He's a combative player. Not having watched any Hartford games last year--the picture I have of him might not conform to reality but this is what it is. 142 shots on goal--23 goals. The shots number is not very high for an everyday forward--looking at his size, penalty minutes I would infer that he does a lot of corner and board work--that he gets to the front of the net. It strikes me that he's not the kind that shoots all that often off the rush that scoring literally on one out of 6 shots that he gets most of his goals in close. Getting to the net and staying there at the NHL level will be harder than at the AHL level--but the Rangers lack bigger players that set up around the crease. He got our first goal in preseason on the pwp (against Martin Brodeur I believe) doing exactly that. The Rangers got outplayed physically in the 2nd round by the Penguins. We didn't have as much top end talent either but the physical gap is an area that we could close more easily and Byers might be part of the solution.
im pretty sure that goal byers scored was against weekes in the preseason, i think that was the game were he hit his head on the post

SaveByLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote