Old
06-08-2008, 01:38 PM
turrible
Sens Rising

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Not even close.

I'm pretty sick of hearing how Vermette is going to break out and become a 40 goal scorer. Every year I watch the Senators in the playoffs and ever year I wonder why he is getting playing time. He does nothing when the games are on lock down.

You know who does put up points when facing top opponents, while playing sound defense on absolute garbage teams? Frolov. He's also the same age as Vermette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I'd definitely take you on a friendly bet there. I say that Vermette goes to another team and does even less, statistically speaking.
Good take. In all the years in Ottawa, on a team stacked with offensive talent, Vermette has only had real offensive chemistry with Stillman. And with Stillman's apparent departure, Vermette will likely struggle offensively next season. Vermette's late season hot streak is more of abberation then any indication of future success.

Vermette has been an offensive no show in the playoffs for the last two seasons, posting a pathetic 5 points in his last 24 playoff games, with a -2 plus/minus rating.

I'll would make that bet as well.

turrible is offline   Reply With Quote