View Single Post
Old
06-08-2008, 01:45 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagr View Post
It seems more and more likely that the Panthers will shop Jokinen at the draft weekend !

IMO Martin is looking for a young puck-moving defenseman and a first pick, or a young offensive star and a first pick...

There's been rumors of Gaborik vs Jokinen, I'm pretty sure he won't fetch that kind of package but what do YOU think ?
Yeeeeeeaaaah, Gaborik isn't going for Jokinen. Minnie will move heaven and earth to hold onto him. If he can stay healthy for a season he'll get close to 50g and 100p. If Minnie loses him, they may as well fully rebuild.

I honestly think if the Cats are looking to move Jokinen, they should look for a bigger package of players rather then one big piece and a 1st. If they did something like Jokinen for a younger 2nd line player, an f-prospect with 1st line upside, a puckmoving d-prospect/kid with 1st pairing upside and a 1st, as long as they ask for the right players, I think it would be more beneficial in the long term.

Only exceptions being if Nashville, Minnie or Washington went crazy and offered up any of Weber, Burns or Green + a 1st, of course.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote