View Single Post
Old
06-08-2008, 01:56 PM
FrankMTL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
Schremp, Chorney, Stoll, and Torres for Vermette and Fisher

Schremp projects to be a top-6 guy with top-line potential who can play every forward position. Chorney is a puck-moving, skating defenseman who just finished his junior year in college and has agreed to a contract with the Oilers (but he can't sign it officially until July 1st due to league rules). He projects to be at least a top-4 defenseman. Stoll is a downgrade offensively from Vermette (assuming he doesn't rebound), but is still good defensively and on ST. Torres is there to clear some more salary from an EDM perspective. How does that sound, value-wise? And please, I don't want this to be another "Stoll and Torres have no value" thread.
Well.....I don't want to say Stoll and Torres have no value, because they are Okay players. I prefer Stoll to Torres. Edmonton would still be getting the best 2 players in the deal. Schremp has proved nothing yet and who knows if he will ever make the NHL let alone be a top 6 forward....he's a huge question mark. Chorney I actually like and have heard good things...

I'm not a fan of either team, but from Ottawa's perspective, i'm sure there are much better deals on the table for two of the leagues better 2 way forwards.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote