View Single Post
Old
06-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Uwey

vCash: 500
I agree with sammy, we need a big centerman to help this team over the hump.

What sammy & I have disagreed on, is the approach to getting one. sammy has all season been willing to breakup the core group to land one, where as I prefer to take the highroad & leave the core in place.

Believe me, we were both very disappointed when Gainey did not land Arnott as an UFA a couple of summers ago. IMO, Arnott centering a line as well a Koivu & Plekanec, would have been much more prodive in the playoffs than a line centered by Smolinski.

sammy has a been wanting Gainey to jar Marleau out of the grip of Doug Wilson since early in the season, but there again, he & I could not agree how it could happen.

As for jumping all over sammy for starting this thread, he & I are both fairly new here & I for didn't realize we had to review all threads prior to posting, so I will apologize now for both of us rehashing old subjects.

So do I understand from the posts here that most feel our forwards are scared to play in front of the net, rather than their inability to muscle their way to the net, as I felt was the problem??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Im not of fan of that big scoring center. I think centera must pass the puck around and our guys are good at that. Look at Detroit and Dallas....

Id be looking for a gritty winger, like Brenden Morrow.
Than what you are saying is that players such as Hossa & Demitra are not the answer & shouldn't be pursuited this summer as UFA??

Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-08-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote