Thread: Shea Weber?
View Single Post
Old
05-28-2004, 10:12 PM
Upchuck19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
He COULD make the team, but I doubt it. I personally would give him a shot and if he wasn't great (i.e. left me no choice but to give him a roster spot), I would send him back to Kelowna. We don't need him in the sense that we can't live without him. And because of this, I don't want to ruin his career. I can't recall a player who has ever been hurt by keeping him in juniors for a third year of development.

I'd sign Klein and put him in the A and send Shea back to Kelowna.
I totally agree, I am not sold on 18 or 19 year old boys being in the NHL playing with the men! Most young men can't handle it and hurt the start of there career.

Look at guys like Boumeester, he could handle it. Nash did nothing the first year, McLearn played good his first year in Boston then had troubles handling the pressure. Same story with Brewer as a 18 yr old in the Island, played great as a 18 yr old then has had problems since.

Scouts from the Preds have said they want Shea inthe lineup next year, I hope they wait until the 05/06 season for him. Weber improved so much this year, he was the second best defenseman in Kelowna and could be pushed into the one spot if Gorges gets pushed into the AHL under the Sharks system?

Sure the Preds need a physical defenseman, I think they would be better off waiting one year for Weber and let him improve with the Rockets.