View Single Post
Old
06-09-2008, 03:22 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post
Only the best back-checker on the team and for your comment with him along the boards, you might want to watch some video tape over the last 3 years and then tell me Straka can't win battles along the boards. A huge thing with cycling is winning battles along the boards. It's not coincidence that Jagr, being a player who loves to cycle, loves to have Straka on his line. And oh yeah he's one of the best PK'ers on this team with a team that is stacked with him.
The best back-checker on the team?

Hello? Chris Drury? Scott Gomez, was by far our best all-around player in the playoffs, and for most of the regular season. Dubinsky even does a better job defensively than Straka, and he was only a rookie. Blair Betts?

I'm not going to question Straka's effort, but his defensive smarts and abilities? Not even close to the best on the team.

One of the best pk'ers on the team? The best pk'er on the team hands down are either Drury, Betts, or Girardi.

I understand everyone loves Straka, I like the guy too, but that doesn't make him the best defensive player on the team.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote