View Single Post
Old
06-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Uwey

vCash: 500
I beg to differ on the subject of the D.

I was huge supporter of Gorges during training & early in the season, plus I believe he will be a top 4 D-man in this league, but not just yet. Cube, is at best, #7 D-man for the Habs.

There is room for improvement to make this team a true contender next season. We have Markov, Komi & Hammer as the top three. IMO, if we add another experienced D-man, along with the two kids Valentenko & O'Bryne & keep Cube as the 7th D-man, our defense would be solidified for a couple more seasons.

Now there was & is no bigger supporter of growing a team from within than I, but I also believe we are at the point where there is more than enough future players & that without disrupting the main core, some of the others can be used to make at least a decent, which I would say is needed on D. Example, a prospects like Grabber, who IMO, is extra piece to this puzzle, can be moved on as part of a deal for either the forementioned or to invest into the future as in an upcoming draft pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Beaker, I just don't think we'd be on Rolstron's radar. Could be wrong, but I don't see it. I like him as a player but I think he may stay closer to home.

From what I have read, Rolston wants to resign with the Wild, unlike Demitra.

Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote