View Single Post
Old
06-09-2008, 10:02 PM
mattyd99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
The best back-checker on the team?

Hello? Chris Drury? Scott Gomez, was by far our best all-around player in the playoffs, and for most of the regular season. Dubinsky even does a better job defensively than Straka, and he was only a rookie. Blair Betts?

I'm not going to question Straka's effort, but his defensive smarts and abilities? Not even close to the best on the team.

One of the best pk'ers on the team? The best pk'er on the team hands down are either Drury, Betts, or Girardi.

I understand everyone loves Straka, I like the guy too, but that doesn't make him the best defensive player on the team.
You know how many teams would love to have Straka on their team? You don't just toss a guy like him out the window for a poor 2nd half of the season. And yes, Gomez and Drury might be better two-way players but there also tops in the league in that category. Say what you want to about Straka but I honestly feel that if he's not back on this team next year he will be missed. He adds great depth and versatility to this team and more often than not doesn't hurt this team. If Korpikoski comes in next year and plays great then fine but personally I just don't see who can replace what he does within this team and outside in free agency (who is worth the money).

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote