View Single Post
Old
06-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I stopped reading at the bold.

You obviously did not watch him from about 3/5ths of the season on and in the playoffs.

I did. I watched nearly his whole season.

Great in the first half, invisible most of the 2nd and one of the worst playoffs for a "top prospect" that I've ever seen.

Couple that with concussion issues and you want to take him over Carlson?
I was only able to see him a handful of times (5 or so), but I was honestly impressed. I liked his game, although like most, I'm admittedly not a scout. I think Edge did a better job verbalizing my feelings on the subject. To me, Carlson is more of the unknown, where Beach has proven himself against some of the top players of his own age. I just have my issues taking a player who has never performed well against the top players of his age group for a significant time - he hasn't had the chance, so we don't know. I can deal with risk if it involves going after a player who I believe has the talent to make it. I don't see taking a big risk for a guy who just hasn't done it before - who doesn't sound like he has the ceiling anyway. risk/reward.

I'm not saying Beech is god, but if he dropped then I would certainly consider trading up or perhaps just roll the dice in hopes we can nab him at 20. The concussions are a concern, but if he performs well in a physical then I would take the chance. Btw that punch he took to get the one concussion was brutal.

Josh Bailey is another guy that I think a lot of. Any idea where he might go? Sounds like 10-15 from what I can gather.. Teubert interests me as well. I guess we'll see what happens, but I think we have a big need for a young impact forward or punishing d-man.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote