View Single Post
Old
06-10-2008, 12:28 PM
zeroG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukboy8 View Post
Martin is articulate?

Maybe in the most base sense of the word, meaning he is able to speak. From the interviews I've seen of him, I wouldn't call him a great or even mediocre speaker.
sure his english still has some frenchness to it. that's not the point tho - when you listen to him talk (and not the 5 second soundbites, listen to some of the longer conversations, for example, on growl tv), he can articulate complex ideas and has a very reassuring perspective on the game, the players and the team. i commented on this during the playoff stretch last year as i found it sort of interesting and surprising myself. it's true, though.

he is a smart guy, knows a lot about the game and can communicate that. is he alone in that regard? of course not. characterizing him as inarticulate or unable to communicate as was suggested above, i think is totally off base, though. this is different from being able to "connect" with players, mind you. maybe that's what whoever it was up above was referring to (tho even in a dispute about that, i'd tend to lean toward JM's side based on what i know of him).

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote