View Single Post
Old
06-10-2008, 01:53 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
How do you figure that? We don't have a starting goalie and our defense is looking like Valentenko, Carle, Weber and Conrad Martin so far.
I still have hope that O'Byrne will be on the team (Which would be the case, unless Bouillon is moved, is Korneev comes over).

Plus, I still think that Jon Gleed has a lot to show in his game that he hasn't really been given the chance yet.

Is Degon leaving?

As for the top-4 you mentioned, there is nothing wrong with that. Martin is a sturdy stay-at-home guy and the other three all bring positives to the table.

And our forward core is looking pretty good (Of course this is based upon the fact that RFA's like Locke are re-signed).

Ryan White, JT Wyman, Ben Maxwell, David Desharnais, Olivier Latendresse, Brock Trotter and maybe Thomas Beauregard or Mathieu Aubin should have solid spots on the team next year.

Add those players to Corey Locke, Brett Englehardt, Matt D'Agostini and possibly Ajay Baines or Daniel Corso and we are looking at an awesome young team.

I also fully believe Yann Danis re-signs with us. His future is becoming more and more clear now that Huet is gone.. and with the likeliness of Halak not wanting to be a backup after next season. I think Danis knows he's closer to the NHL now than he has been in years. Unless he's offered a backup job for another club, I don't think he'll give up his starting spot with our minor league club.

Latendresse - Locke - D'Agostini
Wyman - Maxwell - Desharnais
Baines - White - Engelhardt
Aubin - Trotter - Beauregard

Valentenko - Degon
Martin - Weber
Carle - Gleed

Danis
Desjardins

* Greg Stewart makes the NHL club in this scenario.

I like.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote