View Single Post
Old
05-29-2004, 07:43 AM
Potted Plant

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Why don't we bring in Messier, Larionov and Chelios while we are at it? Do you think a 40 year old guy will work hard? He will be a cancer not a leader.
Actually the latter-day Igor Larionov is exactly the kind of guy I would want. Smart player, hard worker, good leader. I'm not suggesting Brett Hull because I think Hull will be a 40-goal scorer and will lead us into the playoffs. On the contrary, I'm anticipating his skills declining quickly, which is part of the reason I think he'd be a good fit for us. He could play 10-13 minutes a game. He'll probably score between 15-25 goals. We can have 7-9 very young players, but we will need some veteran presence to help teach them and to lead by example. Besides, Hull fits exactly a roster need. We need two scoring line LWs. Currently we have zero. We can trade for Jani Rita and sign Brett Hull and there won't be a logjam.

If you're expecting Prucha to be a 1st line LW next season, you are sorely mistaken. He's never even played against North Americans or on a North American-sized ice surface. We've heard that he's good in Europe, but that can only take you so far. We may get him to NY and find out that he just can't cut it. Even if he can cut it, he would still have to spend at least half of a season in the AHL to get acclimated.