View Single Post
Old
05-29-2004, 09:58 AM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
You know something, if this was something that was going on all season, why didn't the doctor's in Philadelphia get it looked after? I don't want to open a can of worms here, but the medical staff in Philadelphia is beginning to worry me. The fact that detectable injuries aren't being detected and players have been misdiagnosed with regards to injuries really doesn't look good. If I'm Ed Snider, Ron Ryan, and Bobby Clarke, then the team medical situation needs to be addressed. This is rediculous. A player playing with a torn ligament in his hip all year?!?!?!? Especially at a postion where lateral movement and being able to get up and down quickly is essential. I don't know anymore. I'm beginning to lose faith in the medical staff in Philadelphia. That's just rediculous that this injury has been known all year and they only decide to operate now. Esche and the Flyers organization that the injury didn't calcify. If it did, it could have ended his career and someone would have been on the hot seat......

They knew about the injury all season. It's not like they just found out about it yesterday. He was treated for it all season.

"[Esche] has had a hip problem throughout the whole year, on and off, that we were managing with some therapy and some anti-inflammatory medication," DeLuca said in an interview taped by the Flyers' public relations staff.

Surgery would have essentially ended his season as 3-4 months will be the recovery time.