View Single Post
Old
06-10-2008, 04:56 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

vCash: 500
Philly could afford it if we eat some salary or they buyout some guys. The deal could probably get done.

Detroit could also make a good trading partner. Maybe something around Franzen/Kronvall/Fillpula. I never felt Bouw wanted to be here. And by be here I mean live in South Florida.

We really need to get a coach signed soon because that may help us resign Bouw.

If we trade Bouw I think we should trade Jokinen and go for a mini rebuild. Unfortunately, Jokinen may be on the downside of his career and his value is only diminishing. This would be more of a one season kind of deal. Between Jokinen and Bouw we should get some quality prospects/quality young guys/young scorers with a high upside/ good draft picks. Then we can spend money on a UFA in the summer of 2009. Basically, this team is relying on Booth-Weiss-Horton-Olesz to put up career numbers for us to make the playoffs. We have no top line forward for Jokinen and we will not get one as everyone knows. A mini-rebuild allows us to acquire more prospect depth, more young quality forwards, and a lot more money to actually sign a significant UFA. This team's biggest problem is a lack of legitimate offensive talent. With a one season rebuild we should be a legitimate threat come the start of the 2009 season.

I see no point in keeping Jokinen if we don't get a top line winger to play with him. In the long run we would be better off trading him.

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline   Reply With Quote