View Single Post
Old
06-10-2008, 07:45 PM
greasch#4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkrangers11 View Post
With Shanahan gone, that alone is a big hit to our locker room. He was a great role model, a great player and a great guy. A lot of players looked up to him. I will probably get hounded for this next comment cause no1 knows what will happen. But if Jagr doesn't get signed.. is anyone else a little worried about how the locker room will be composed without the veterans there. Say Straka, Rozsival, Jagr, and Shanahan are all gone... that leaves Drury and Gomer to be the go to guys at intermission. I don't know how I feel about that. Lets hear it about how I should have made this post after July 1st.
I don't know why you wouldn't know what to feel about the team in Gomez's and Drury's hands. That was why they were brought here, to carry on after the Jagr years. Each guy has a ring and they both are character guys. Just look at how they deferred to each other when they signed with each having the same number. They both put the team over themselves. It's that sort of sacrifice and team first mentality that truly leads. They both excel on both sides of the puck and are in are now in their primes. If we didn't have either of them we would be pursuing them right now and we would all be giddy about it. Sure new parts will be added (or some old parts might be brought back) but we are now very strong up the middle and that strength is provided by the very guys you seem worried about.

greasch#4 is offline   Reply With Quote