View Single Post
Old
06-10-2008, 08:17 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
Philly could afford it if we eat some salary or they buyout some guys. The deal could probably get done.

Detroit could also make a good trading partner. Maybe something around Franzen/Kronvall/Fillpula. I never felt Bouw wanted to be here. And by be here I mean live in South Florida.

We really need to get a coach signed soon because that may help us resign Bouw.

If we trade Bouw I think we should trade Jokinen and go for a mini rebuild. Unfortunately, Jokinen may be on the downside of his career and his value is only diminishing. This would be more of a one season kind of deal. Between Jokinen and Bouw we should get some quality prospects/quality young guys/young scorers with a high upside/ good draft picks. Then we can spend money on a UFA in the summer of 2009. Basically, this team is relying on Booth-Weiss-Horton-Olesz to put up career numbers for us to make the playoffs. We have no top line forward for Jokinen and we will not get one as everyone knows. A mini-rebuild allows us to acquire more prospect depth, more young quality forwards, and a lot more money to actually sign a significant UFA. This team's biggest problem is a lack of legitimate offensive talent. With a one season rebuild we should be a legitimate threat come the start of the 2009 season.

I see no point in keeping Jokinen if we don't get a top line winger to play with him. In the long run we would be better off trading him.
Buying out still counts against the cap. The Flyers will have trouble getting Umberger and Carter under contract. Why should we help them out by taking bad contracts? There are plently of teams we could deal Bouwmeester to and not have to take bad any contracts.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote