View Single Post
Old
06-11-2008, 12:21 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I'm a little surprised you guys aren't more interested in Umberger.

I'm not sure what Sullivan's status is, but you guys basically have 5 top-6 forwards right now and excess d-men. Umberger fills out your top-6, Arnott, RJ, Dumont, Radulov, Legwand, Erat.

I don't think Umberger is worth Hamhuis by himself or Suter or Weber, but I think that could be the beginning of a potential deal.
Umberger has scored 20 goals once, and that was on a pretty deep Flyers team his first year in the NHL. We need a goal scorer to replace Sullivan, and Umberger hasn't established himself as a goal scorer. I would rather take my chances with Patric Hornqvist on the second line.

And you're not getting Hamhuis unless you're willing to get ripped off on the deal.

Quote:
Lupul and Nodl
for
Suter
That actually seems pretty fair, if not in Nashville's favor. Lupul's horrific season in Edmonton worries me, though. Nodl would be a good addition to a weak stable of wingers and maybe an eventual replacement for Dumont. With our deep stable of defensemen, and particularly with Blum and Klein on the rise, we can probably afford to part with Suter.

Dumont-Arnott-Radulov
Lupul-Legwand-Erat
Pihlstrom-Nichol-Tootoo
Fiddler-Bonk-Smithson
Ortmeyer/Peverley-Hordichuk

Weber-Hamhuis
Koistinen-Zidlicky
Klein-Zanon
De Vries/FA

Not great, but Sulzer and Laakso can probably jump in immediately next year and Blum a couple of years down the road and gives us some solid forwards, er, going forward.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 06-12-2008 at 10:57 PM.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote