View Single Post
Old
05-29-2004, 11:59 AM
Prucha73

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
We don't have any 3rd rounders this year. We have a 4th, a 5th, a 6th, and a 9th. There might be conditionals floating around ( both to get and to give). That's why I'm kind of dismayed with how cavalierly some people are treating the 2nd rounders. Unless we are drafting Ovechkin AND Malkin, it's not worth giving up all or most of our 2nd rounders to move up from #6 and grab another top 10 pick. I don't care how may highly ranked kids you snag by moving up, it's unallowable for a team in rebuild mode to have only 6 or 7 picks in a draft.

I'd be happy if Slats did nothing on draft day but eat his ice cream. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make. And you know that the Rangers team will have at least one surprise guy like Falardeau ranked highly, so keeping a bunch of second rounders mitigates the effect of taking an off-the-board pick.

Otherwise, I hold fast at number six. I certainly don't drop out of the top 10. I move up from 24 into the teens if a prospect I've ranked highly is still available. And if I move a second rounder (or more than one), I probably move another one to drop down to pick up a 3rd and a 4th/5th. (Although I want to finish with at least two 2nds).
I think we also don't have a 4th rounder. Sather might use some of the WolfPack players like Ulmer, Dusablon, Nycholat, etc. to get some 5th to 8th rround picks.