View Single Post
Old
06-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Panthers_Fan

vCash: 500
Martin's continuing lack of recognition of a deficiency at 1st line wing is very depressing. I don't see this team making the playoffs with or without a puck moving defenseman if we don't acquire a true 1st line winger.

I haven't posted in a while, but from what I have been reading it seems like a good portion of the board thinks Matthias is going to be the be all answer to the 1st line. I think this is a huge mistake. Yes, he had a good few games stint here, but as a rookie I don't see him making a huge impact. It seems like people expect him to put up Toews type numbers or even Mueller's numbers (50pts), which I think are really high expectations that are going to leave a lot of people disappointed as most rookies do not put up those kind of numbers... Not to mention that it puts a huge amount of pressure on Matthias that could stunt his development.

Don't get me wrong I think he is a terrific prospect, but juniors to 1st line NHL is a huge jump that takes most players years to adjust to. Not every rookie is like Malkin, Ovechkin, or Crosby who can be productive in their first year (Not to mention these guys were 1st or 2nd overall in their draft years). We need someone to make a difference now, and if I am wrong and Matthias develops into a star we'll actually have top 6 depth which is never a bad thing.

Last edited by Panthers_Fan: 06-11-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Panthers_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote