View Single Post
Old
06-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Panthers_Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
I think the idea is that Matthias would be a solid addition to the 1st line where Olli could move to the wing where his play is better suited. Throw Zednick or somebody on the other wing where his speed can further take the attention off of Matthias and it's not necessarily such a high-pressure environment.

Just the impression I've gotten.
I understand, but I question why he's a solid addition other than the fact that he had a good year at juniors, and had two points in 4 games.

Olli more than likely is going to have an equal or worse year based on his play at the end of the season/World's. Plus, he's never been successful at wing. Zednick hasn't scored 50 points since 2003-2004. Matthias will have more ice time than he's used to, be playing against the top defenders in the NHL, and adjusting to other differences between juniors and the NHL. To me, a 1st line of Olli-Matthias-Zednik gives me zero confidence that we will have the offense needed to make the playoffs, and in case it's mentioned Mclean has no business on a 1st line. He's a good 3rd liner.

Panthers_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote