View Single Post
Old
06-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Puckhead58*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
I dunno about you guys but I would really love to see more CANADIAN players on our team, the kind of guys that have ALOT of HEART into the Canadian Game of Hockey and get a fresh look from just having alot of Russian/European players on our team (nothing against them) its just I'd like to see more guys like Gary Roberts, Trevor Linden, Douggie Gilmour, or any good ol Canadian boys from Kingston or anywhere in Canada

What does nationality have to do with anything??? What the Habs need are players with more heart and desire to win.....but that doesn't necessarily mean more Canadians. I'd be happy with a team full of Russians as long as they play with a little bit of heart. We could sign 10 Canadian born players and be a much worse team so stop making it sound like the only answer is more Canadian players because its not.

This is kind of a dumb thread to be honest. A lot of Russian, Swedish, or Finnish players have more skill than a lot of Canadian players and I don't know about you....but I would like to have more highly skilled players on my team than a bunch of no-talent Canadians.

Go after players that are good and that would help the team no matter what nationality they are.