View Single Post
Old
05-30-2004, 07:17 AM
Pekka Lampinen

vCash: 500
An excerpt from a Kapanen interview in a Finnish hockey magazine, apparently made during the conference finals, translation on the spot:

Kapanen has one year to go in his contract with the Flyers. Lockout or not, he plans to stay in the States. A player gets a visa for the duration of his contract, that's why he wanted a two-year deal last year. That way he can stay in Philadelphia regardless of the situation.

"My wife and I were thinking that we'll be here so that the kids don't have to change schools. It doesn't feel right to take them to Finland and then possibly return here in the middle of the season. When we return to Finland, we think it'll be for good."

Kapanen stresses that it's still possible that he play for KalPa in Finland in case there is no NHL hockey.

"I could go play some of their games now and then, but nothing's been decided yet."

He sighs and is happy about having important games going on so that he has been able to postpone thinking about the future until the summer. At "this age" he wants to take one year at a time.

I don't see what these "two sources" predict happening. The Kapanen family spends their summers up here anyway.