View Single Post
Old
06-14-2008, 10:51 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
That's the culture of the game and the culture of today's society. It has nothing to do with the sport itself, it's the talent that's being brought in.

Actually linemen have one of the toughest jobs in football if not the toughest. My friend played lineman in high school and he told me how ridiculous it is. Trying to prevent someone who is running at you full speed from getting behind you doesn't require athleticism? Yes, they aren't in shape in that if they ran across the field they almost collapse, but it doesn't mean the position doesn't require athleticism.

Yeah Tiger said, Who watches hockey. Big deal? That's trashing the sport? If it makes you feel better he did mostly take back the comment. He's a golfer and he's amazing at what he does. He'll destroy anyone in the world at golf, I think that qualifies him as an athlete since hitting the ball as well as he does requires athleticism and skill.

As I said I do agree that hockey requires more athleticism than any other sport, but that still doesn't mean that the other sports require that much less.

I respect all professional athletes as the common person cannot get close to what they accomplish in terms of athleticism for their game. I do not respect the professionals who take a privilege of playing a game for a living for granted. Who act like they are on top of the world because of where they are. If these guys weren't playing most probably wouldn't be making 1% of what they do. That's our world today though. A world where everyone thinks they are better than the next guy and they don't care if they stomp all over everyone to prove that they are better. Forget helping your fellow man and being humble for what you have.
Fair enough.

I still have more respect for pretty much every other sport in the word other then the 3 big American sports (Baseball, Football, Basketball). Only when the players representing the game respect their game, can other people respect them and their game.

And btw, this coming from a fan of baseball (Mets) that has been absolutely turned off by the baggage.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote