View Single Post
Old
06-14-2008, 06:36 PM
ThirdEye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post
As much as I'm not a fan of Avery or the Rangers, look at the stats. The Rangers have a better record with him in the line-up.

He's extremely versatile and is the best pest in the game.As long as he stays on this side of clever and doesn't wander off into stupid, he is a great asset to the team.

I don't think he's worth more than 3.5 though. He's still gotta stay healthy.

The Rangers can win without him, but they haven't done much of it. If they lose him it won't be the end of times, but they should make a good case to keep him.

Avery should also realize that the Rangers kind of gave him a new career. He was not doing well in LA at all, kicked off the team the previous year, by most accounts not the most popular player in the locker room. He came to NY and they've given him a lot of room. Fromthe get-go he was given pretty good ice time and a chance to prove what he can do. If he got moved to another team last Feb he might be in absolutely no position to ask for $2m let alone $4m.
I think when people say "he can't back it up" yaddah yaddah, they are expecting him to produce like a first line forward or something, otherwise he's "all talk no action".

Lets get real here. Avery is still a third line agitator on most teams. He does a heck of a job, and it's not his fault this teams other forwards can't score when it counts or the defense is inconsistent. He's done more than what's being asked, and is using his skill effectively.

Avery is also not a dirty player, just really annoying. Tucker can be dirty, and I personally never really liked him. There's also no saying how he would fit in here. We know Avery does, but Tucker would be a huge question mark.