View Single Post
Old
06-14-2008, 05:48 PM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post
As much as I'm not a fan of Avery or the Rangers, look at the stats. The Rangers have a better record with him in the line-up.

He's extremely versatile and is the best pest in the game.As long as he stays on this side of clever and doesn't wander off into stupid, he is a great asset to the team.

I don't think he's worth more than 3.5 though. He's still gotta stay healthy.

The Rangers can win without him, but they haven't done much of it. If they lose him it won't be the end of times, but they should make a good case to keep him.

Avery should also realize that the Rangers kind of gave him a new career. He was not doing well in LA at all, kicked off the team the previous year, by most accounts not the most popular player in the locker room. He came to NY and they've given him a lot of room. Fromthe get-go he was given pretty good ice time and a chance to prove what he can do. If he got moved to another team last Feb he might be in absolutely no position to ask for $2m let alone $4m.

good post, I agree with everything.

If Sather doesn't resign him, I can't wait to hear his explanation of the move. I can't see how he thinks we're a better team without him. Unless its along the lines of "we needed to free up cap space for a trade for Kovalchuk" (I know, I know, it aint happening, just makes my point, that theres no good reason why he shouldn't be resigned) or something like that, I'll be getting out my Fire Sather signs I put away during the lockout. I and plenty others will again be calling for his head.