View Single Post
Old
06-15-2008, 12:57 AM
BCeagle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post
I looking at BC and BU to be the tops dogs in hockey east this season. BC has so much depth, and Muse should be even better this year. BU with their offense I don't care if they don't have a goalie this year, they should contend. I mean, they played great down the stretch last year essentially without a goalie! UNH will suffer with Regan.

Basically, I think it's BC's year for the regular season title, with BU contending closely.

How does BC's recruiting class look this year overall?
It's looking good and incoming players should contribute, like Whitney and Gibbons did last year when they were freshmen.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...LEtZ3kFg&gid=1

Cross and Lyles are incoming defensemen that will bolster the veteran blueline.

With seniors Bertram and Gannon gone, they can be replaced by forwards Barry Almeida, Paul Carey, Cam Atkinson, and Jimmy Hayes.

Atkinson is a typical BC type forward, small and quick. Jimmy Hayes stock has dropped for the NHL draft but hopefully he can contribute. It's hard to tell what impact what each player will have but hopefully they'll contribute and blend in. BC has had some hit and misses in their recruiting but we'll see in the fall how the freshmen will do.

Chris Venti will be a backup goalie recruit.

BU can't get any worst in net so I see it as an upgrade in net and they will compete for the top spots in Hockey East and maybe even finish in first. BC it seems, has its up and downs but should finish again for home ice and usually gear up in post season as in the last 3 seasons.

BCeagle is offline   Reply With Quote