View Single Post
Old
06-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
Do you expect to see some action this week before the draft?

Honestly, I'm quite lost this summer. I have seriously no idea of what will happen. Will Gainey make a big splash this week or at the draft, or will he wait for the UFA market to land a big fish like Hossa or Selanne?
My money is on us drafting as usual at the draft.... Maybe some minor moves to pick up some additional picks as we only have 5 picks this year... 5th and 6th rounders are gone as part of previous trades....

Quote:
I think that AKost will be re-sign this week or most likely next week. The others notable RFA should also be re-sign in the days to come.
I hope you are right.

Quote:
But what about Mark Streit? I don't want him back considering the money he will be looking at and his role with the team. But again, what is Gainey plan with him, I don't have a clue about it...
I think the plan is flexible based on how much he asks for.... I think we do need to replace his point shot though on the PP.... I don't think we can just plug anyone on the current roster into that spot and retain the #1 PP in the league. Sergei Kost doesn't have the slapshot that other teams will fear in that spot.

Quote:
In the league, the situation is also intriguing. Will Jokinen and/or Marleau be traded? If so, where and for what? Which teams will make the first big move that will set the way the summer will look?
They could be our plan D/E options if Sundin, Hossa, etc... fall through.

Quote:
Where will Wheeler sign? The only thing I know is that he will likely sign before July 1st. I mean, for now, he has all the eyes set on him. He can't afford to wait and see teams interested look elsewhere on the UFA market. I think that he already knows where he wants to play. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign before the draft.

What do you think? What do you want to happen?
I hope he signs with us, but I get the feeling he will go to a major US market.... I don't know exactly why, but my gut feeling is he will be a Ranger.... No logical thought behind it, just a gut feeling.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote