View Single Post
Old
06-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Enoch stated that the Preds at most could trade Klein for a 3rd round pick, but the way the salaries are going, if Klein gets an offer sheet he most likely will fetch a 2nd. If this is a case, then why not let Klein and Koistinen fetch offer sheets and match the one for the one player the Preds want the most and collect the picks. Basically it's a win-win for the Preds. If the offers are too low, match them. If the offers are too high, collect the picks for next year.
Excellent point, and I would like to say that I hope we can get more than a third round pick (Klein is much more valuable than a third rounder..) I just feel Poile has squashed his value. If your thoughts on the offer sheet are right, then I would probably say his value is a bit higher than I projected...

---

Comments on the deal:

1) It makes sense for both parties
2) We aren't paying too much for potential. I would peg Suter's value at around 3-3.5
3) This contract takes Suter right up to UFA. He has already been in the league 3 years, add 4 more, and you hit that year 7 UFA rule (I believe).

Last edited by Enoch: 06-16-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote