3-Yemelin
4-Carle
5-Paquet
6-McDonagh
7-Subban
8-Weber
9-Fischer

Role on the team

McDonagh : I might be wrong, but when I look him play, I see the good Wade Redden (not the one of the last years). No1 all around D.
O'Byrne : Good 2nd or 3rd pairing guy, huge stay at home with good skating, if he ever could become more physical consistently... Mattias Norstrom ?
Valentenko : Big physical and aggressive D, with decent all around skills. Ruslan Salei or Vitali Vishnevski ?
Yemelin : Apart from the juniors, never saw him play... a slightly better Danny Markov ?
Carle : Liked what I saw of him in last year's preseason. Some kind of Eric Desjardins ?
Paquet : Never saw him play, but from the reports, seem like a very aggressive and physical type of player, even over-aggressive. Don't know much about his skill level...
Subban : He's a beauty to watch when he's handling the puck, but even thought he improved his D zone coverage, you can see he's not at ease... but his rushes are something to see, some kind of more physical Oleg Tverdovsky or Sandis Ozolinsh ?
Weber : He seems so calm, doesn't panic, not flashy but very efficient. Brian Rafalski ?
Fischer : A project that's taking the time a project should take... he's the one I thought the Habs would take, but not the one I wanted. Anyway, he's big, good skater and passer, but what kind of D does he project to be ? Not offensive from what I can read, mostly 2-way or even stay-at-home. Tough to gauge...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote