Thread: OT: Citi Field
View Single Post
Old
06-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
True Xander...

both deserve criticism. The one difference is if Torre took the Yankees' offer, I believe he would still be one of, if not the, top paid managers in the league, so even though it was a pay cut, perhaps one can argue he was being brought to market rates. It's not like his replacement received a better offer, which was, I believe, about half of what was offered to Torre.

On the subject of stadiums - I'm just getting old and don't mind the old stadiums. If I were to go to a game I'm going to watch the game, eat some dogs and drink some beers (if the new stadium comes with self-cleaning tap systems that ensure a clean, fresh beer on each poor, perhaps I'd reconsider my thoughts on a new stadium). I hated the stadium in which the White Sox played (it's not Comiskey Park and I'm not up with the new names) - it seemed like I was in New Jersey on a Saturday afternoon, around 4PM, walking through the food court of a mall. I go to bars whose biggest renovation in the last 12 years was a 32 inch LCD TV a couple years ago because demand for the World Cup was big. I'm sure it will look nice, but I'm fine with the way the stadium currently looks and feels.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote