View Single Post
Old
06-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
What's this? Surely poeple don't seriously think Gainey would trade a roster player to move up in the draft?? Unless it was for Stamkos?

Otherwise you guys are smokin' better stuff than I am; pass it over.

And while you're at it, Filatov WHO? The guy hasn't played a game in the NHL and with these Russkies you dunno what you're gonna get. Maybe a big fat nothing, if a RSL club ponies up.

No way, NONE, no way does BG throw away a guy like Higgins or Plekanec to move up in a frickin DRAFT. Just incredible what I read here sometimes.
I just about lost my mind sifting through the first 2 pages of this stuff. Thank god I found yours before I flipped. Now, I wouldn't say that a roster player is out of the question, but I don't see a sane Gainey dealing a "core" player (i.e. Higgs, Pleks) to move up in the draft the year before the big push. Maybe one of them in a deal that replaces them as a core element, but not as a tool to move up.

Come on folks, stay with us here... let's not let the imaginations run too wild. Man, Habs rumours on the internet are like chumming a shark tank.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote