View Single Post
Old
06-17-2008, 06:52 PM
battlerex99

vCash: 500
Jagr needs to go.

I will say this, I was originally adamant about us needing to re-sign Jagr, but the more I think about it the more I feel he needs to go. Yes, he was our leading scorer with 71 points, and that is worth $5 million a year in this league. However, consider the fact that he can only seem to play with Brandon Dubinsky. This automatically forces Chris Drury to become our $7 million 3rd center. Our first two centers need to be Gomez and Drury, in either order. By forcing Drury to play with less quality players, we're making his contract even worse than it is (I honestly believe that Chris Drury is a $6 million a year player... he led our team in goals despite playing with two rookies, Dawes and Callahan, all year. Put him with two higher quality players (I think he should stay with Dawes actually and get a new right winger) and just imagine the results).

The point of signing Gomez and Drury was that we wouldn't need high-priced, elite wingers, so let's start that trend now. Sign a couple of less-heralded guys like Michael Ryder and Niklas Hagman and then focus on the defense. Jagr's points can easily be replaced.

battlerex99 is offline   Reply With Quote