Old
06-18-2008, 03:18 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
This is why I think this KHL thing is going to be a complete farce...

Btw if the KHL wanted superstarrs why isn't Hossa or any of the other big name free agents being offered contracts? It's the Jason Krogs of the world that are about to get rich in the new/old Russian Hockey league...

The Red Scare tactics of this league are complete BS to me...
With all due respect - I think that comment is not fair.

KHL has its teething problems - its normal. The NHL wasn't the league it is today from the beginning. The NHL of not so long ago was fiefdom rigged by Oligarch owners who financially exploited their employees. I think the KHL is far better than that.

Compared to the NHL of today the KHL is a bit provincial which could be a lot of fun for a jaded
veteran like Jags.

Clearly Omsk has to work on their negotiating tactics and public statements

I wrote a while back that if I was Bardin living in Omsk I would use any pretext to travel to Prague or NYC to negotiate with Jagr.....Who can blame the guy - Omsk is the pits? So the guy needs a legitimate excuse and workable scenario. I think this one has blown in his face.....announcing travel to Prague to meet Jagr and the guy is on holidays in Mehico!

My money is still on Jagr signing a fair contract with Sather. Otherwise instead of going on holiday he would have been busy tidying up his digs in NY and moving to Czech Rep. He doesn't seem to be doing that. Moving takes time and rather than moving he might have to start training pretty darn soon.

Slats is smart he knows this drama surrounding Jags will keep the buzz around the rangers during the summer. Jags will bring the crowd to the Garden. Any other player capable of doing the same could do the same will undoubtedly be far more expensive than Jagr - Lecavalier? Heatly? etc

and I can't get excited signing Ryder as a Jags replacement.

Lets face it guys: Gomez and Drury combined cant excite the fans like Jagr can.

Last edited by Sad London Ranger: 06-18-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote