View Single Post
Old
05-31-2004, 09:10 AM
bmoak

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
We need to draft some players with size and skill up front. And we need to draft a big defefenseman like Schultz or O'Neill. Isn't Pineault somewhat a safe pick?

I have a bad feeling that Sather will take a goalie with one of the 2nd rounders.
O'Neill won't be there in the 2nd round to take. If he's there at #36, it's the steal of the draft. Pinuealt at #37 would be another one.

As long as we have 5 second rounders, I'm not averse to taking a goalie in the late 2nd if Schantz or Dubnyk are still on the board. I'd rather take one in the 3rd, but we don't have a third. We definitely need to take a goalie somewhere in this draft. Rangers have only drafted 1 goaile in the past 3 years, and Chris Holt did not have a good year (player behind a weak team, though).

Sure we don't need a young goalie at this moment, but unless you draft a potential superstar like Fleury, goalies take 3-4 years to develop. By that time, all the goalies we have now will either be in the NHL or no longer Rangers' property. Gotta have of supply of guys in the pipeline.