View Single Post
Old
06-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Forechecker

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
After reading more about Cuma at THN, I like him a bit more. I think I'd take Y. Sauve over him right now, though:

Quote:
Tyler Cuma
Pos: Defence
Shoots: L
Height: 6'
Weight: 175 lbs.
Born: 01/19/1990
Team: Ottawa (OHL)
RANKINGS
TSN: 16
CSB: 19 NAS
ISS: 36
RLR: 18
McK: 17
THN: 28
Comparable: Steve Staios

From TSN: The Ottawa 67 is a strong two-way defenceman with leadership ability and a willingness to compete hard at both ends of the ice.

From NHL Central Scouting: Really adept at knowing when to pass the puck out of the zone or to put the wheels on and carry the puck out of the zone. He helps the Ottawa 67's power-play from the point and is really reliable. Equally adept at the defensive game.
Quote:
41. YANN SAUVE
image PROFILE
Pos: Defence
Shoots: L
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 209 lbs.
Born: 02/18/1990
Team: Saint John (QMJHL)
RANKINGS
TSN: 41
CSB: 29 NAS
ISS: 53
RLR: 65
McK: 68
THN: 23
Comparable: Robyn Regehr

From TSN: The big, strong, physical blueliner who models his game on Dion Phaneuf's is sometimes too aggressive for his own good, taking himself out of position, but he is most certainly a work in progress. One of his claims to fame is that he fought Steven Stamkos in the CHL Prospects game. He started this season as a projected first rounder but will have to improve his decision-making to get back to that status.

From NHL Central Scouting: Yann is a defenceman who, when he is on, can be one of the best defencemen in all the Quebec League and all of junior hockey. With continued development and maturity, as well as experience on when to dish the puck and when not to dish the puck, projects to be a solid defenceman. He needs to improve on a little bit of poise and calmness with the puck. He is good with the puck but sometimes gives it away too abruptly and it results in turnovers.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote