Old
06-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
wow, so quick to say.

Might as well not even watch then if he doesnt sign.

I've been saying it since they shook hands in Pittsburgh. The Rangers should move away from Jagr if they want to help this team long term. Yeah he might help next season - but do you really think he'll take a one year deal?

Great post HBNYC. I definitely agree with you on all counts.

Frankly, I'm not the least bit concerned with missing the playoffs if it means Sather has taken a few steps to move this team in the right direction, and that means no more Jagr.

I think JJ is a great player and a great personality in NY, but his style of play doesn't fit that of the rest of the team. As I've said before, resigning Jagr commits this organization to his style of play for another 2 years whether you admit it to yourself or not.

Jagr's salary would be much better suited to other roles on this team. A sniper for Gomez, a first pairing d-man, a crease-clearing d-man or even a play-maker for Drury. People are so concerned with how bad the FA pool is, but nobody is willing to move the pieces necessary to acquire the building blocks we need via trade. We're backed up at center, we've got a ton of 3rd line players and people are still talking about "building from within." Well thats fine and great until you realize we're building a skyscraper out of tin-foil. We don't have the pieces to build from within. Outside of Anisimov, Cherepanov and Sanguinetti, we have no high-level talent outside of our current roster. That's half a line and one d-man. Bourret might turn out to be a good player, but 'might' doesn't win you a cup.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote