View Single Post
Old
06-18-2008, 11:20 AM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
I think it has to do with our forwards, too. We have speedy guys, but Gomer is a puck dragger; Dawes was still very new; Avery is too slow for a break-away; Jags & Shanny have lost a step. Who else has that break-a-way speed?
was just about to address this as well. This also goes to my point of you draft skill not size or grit. We have to play this boring bs, crap type system b/c frankly we don't have that many skill players. We have an aging Jagr, Gomez, Dawes. that's it. Drury isn't that highly skilled, his only real offinsive skill is being in the right place, at the right time. Which makes him a good scorer, but his actually skill levels ie shot, accuracy, passing acc, stickhandling really are only about avg.

I don't think Avery is too slow for a breakaway, I don't think he has the hockey sense for when to try for a breakaway.

Dubi has skills, but has to refine them more, which i think jagr will help him. But he still isn't a great passer by any means.

Fact is we really need to draft guys w/ the best skill, in this draft. Those high risk, high reward type players. We dont need 3rd liners, we need guys who will have the high skill. and I could care less about grit. Grit players are your bottom pairing dmen, and bottom line players and they are a dime a dozen.

Guys like Tedenby, Karlsson are high skill players who still can grow (physica height) b/c they are only 18. But they are already extremely highly skilled.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote