View Single Post
Old
06-18-2008, 02:14 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
I'm sorry, but you don't pay 3.5 million to a third line player just for that "edge." We're in a league with a salary cap. I'd rather save that 1.5 million and put it towards a player who's going to net me 30 goals then to put it towards a player who may be injury prone (3 injuries in one season) and puts up 15 goals, maybe 20 in a great season, but plays with an edge.

Avery will continue to have injury problems as his career progresses. With the kind of game he plays and with the way that everyone in the league hates him, people aren't going to shy off when they hit Sean Avery, they will hit him as hard as they can as often as they can. That stuff will take a toll on a person's body.

I wouldn't say that he's the kind of player who really impacts that physical game. Sure he hits guys and he agitates, which is great and all, but I'd rather a guy who will hit a guy and make him pay the price. Someone who's going to make someone think twice about roughing up a star player. Avery does not do that. No one is afraid of Avery.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote