View Single Post
Old
06-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Choose the UFAs you would take in these... The green ones are those who stated they will test the UFA market publicly... the red ones are those who will likely not be on the open market...

Tier 1
Sundin
Hossa - Apparently about to sign with Pittsburgh
Campbell
Jagr
Rolston
Selanne

Tier 2
Malone
Langkow - Apparently signed with the Flames
DemitraHuselius
Roszival
Prospal
Straka
Brunette
Vrbata
Liles
Huet
Naslund
Rob Blake
Morrison
Hainsey
Stillman
Redden
Streit
Shanahan
Foote

Tier 3
Holik
Nagy
Ryder
Smith
Ellis
Theodore
Fedorov
Peca
Stuart
Satan
Orpik
Recchi
Kozlig
Fedotenko
VasicekConroy - Apparently going to resign with Calgary
Miettinen
Kelly
Mara
Pandolfo
Hagman
Hejda

Tier-4
Avery
Williams
Cooke
Brylin
Dupuis
Weight
Commodore
Modry
Nolan
Smolinski
Wheeler - Signed with Boston
Perreault
Lalime
Berard

A summer with Malone and Vasicek would make me happy... two big guys we are lacking to go further in the playoffs. I do not agree with thoswe who say that we should take Hossa, Sundin or nothing. We are not even remotely close to being that good. We need to prevent a harder season from Kovalev and a couple of injuries. And we need to address this lack of size. The sries against Boston tired our guys out and we need more players able to respond to physical play.

So I'd like Gainey to get both Malone and Vasicek.
The size thing is BS...did you not watch Pittsburgh vs Detroit? Pittsburgh was much bigger and had the refs on their side and Detroit was still clearly the better team. The Habs lost to Phillie in round 2 and the teams were identical in height and weight, we outplayed them but Biron badly outplayed Price.

I'll take a gritty 5.11" guy like Talbot 100 times over a big lazy guy like Vacicek...

I'd take Malone but I don't think he signs my 3 year 9 mil offer and somebody pays him over 20 mil for 5 years...no dice

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote