View Single Post
Old
06-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Top 6 forwards do not grow on trees. We've got, as you correctly pointed out, shortage of that material. If Avery is not top 6, then who? Shanny may be back, but he is too slow for that. Dawes? Oh, my... If anyone believes that Dawes WILL EVER BE as skilled as Avery, keep dreaming. The only one with potential is Callahan, but he has to gain weight, the frame is there. Sather could pick one UFA, no more. Thus, we need Avery.
Skilled? I think you're confusing grit with skill. Dawes has the potential to be a very skilled top-six forward. In his rookie season he already put up nearly as many points as Avery did this year.

And yes, I'm aware Avery didn't play an entire season. Neither did Dawes.

That top-six material isn't restricted to our own talent pool. If we can't find it within our organization, that doesn't automatically mean "Time to resign Avery." Trades and the FA market are viable options as well.

Sather can pick one UFA? Where the hell did you come up with that? Sather could pick a dozen UFA's if he wanted to and trade away roster players to open up the slots.

What you want Sather to do, has no bearing on what he's actually going to do.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote