View Single Post
Old
06-18-2008, 03:50 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i agree, however i think drury has more respect in the league than jagr does, especially with the refs, but that is just me....

overall i just dont want the team molded around jagr anymore....i want to see players who fit the system and a hard-nosed, gritty team....i hate to say it, but a team like philly who played on the edge and got their hands dirty every game and gave it their all(minus all the crap they did)....i want a team of hard-workers such as cheechoo, torres, orpik, smith.....players who battle and stick up for one another......i just see jagr as not being one of those players although he is amazing gifted offensively i would rather see the team molded around the great two-way play and counter-attacking ability of the players such as drury, gomez, dubinsky, dawes, callahan...players with speed and who can turn the other teams mistakes against them....
you forgot one important piece.... Philly's players have a ton more talent than we do.

Just look: Carter, Gagne, Richards, Briere, Umberger, Timonen oh yeah and they are all big.

now us: Drury, Gomez, Dubi, Dawes, Cally, Prucha

get where i'm going w/ this. If only Philly played a little bit better defensively, or had a good goalie they might have been holding the cup. oh yeah and their best scorer (and most of their) team was out w/ significant injuries at one point or another this season.

we don't need more grit.... we need more SKILL

personally i think you need a to find a team like Detroit. Lots and Lots of skill, mixed w/ some grit. Unfortunately we can't for 7 more years b/c a) nobody takes hometown discounts and b) that is when the last of our retard signings come off the books.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote