View Single Post
Old
06-18-2008, 04:46 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
He's yet to develop into a player that uses his size..hence the Chris Pronger comparisons are a little flawed. We already have one huge, soft d-man in the wings in Milwaukee.
Okay. Then I agree that someone who uses his size effectively is a higher priority. But still, Myers is a very talented defenseman, there's no denying that.

I know it's a longshot, but if we're going to draft a defenseman in the first round, I'd like to reach for Colten Teubert at 15, especially if Bailey is gone, and particularly because of these two quotes:

Quote:
"I consider myself a punishing defender," he said. "I'm that guy that you put out against the top players and tell me to shut them down. I think the physical aspect of my game is one of my strengths and I will look to use that to my advantage. I think there are two punishing defensemen in this draft -- myself and (Kelowna's) Luke Schenn. But there are also skilled defenders. I feel in today's game you need physical, fast D-men in your own end and I can bring that."

Quote:
"Either a big hit or getting hit gets me into the game," he said. "I think laying a big hit is better, but if you get hit, you realize, 'Oh, I've got to step up my game, I've got to start playing better and moving my feet.' That's what gets me going."
Sign me up.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote